Services provided from TSPS can include assessment, therapy, home and school programs, or consultations for a variety of communication and swallowing difficulties. Sessions for intervention may be offered as an individual or a group. We are registered providers for the NDIS and HCWA/Better Start schemes for the Australian Government, and can assist with planning and formulation of therapy goals for these programs.
In therapy, we are able to provide intervention for a range of difficulties.
- Speech sound development
- Understanding and using appropriate vocabulary, grammar, and sentence structures
- Social skills
- Literacy skills
- Voice production
- Eating, drinking and swallowing (including picky eaters) across all ages.
- Complex communication needs associated with disabilities such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Delay.
- Hearing loss/Cochlear implant
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- AAC (Augmentive and Alternative Communication)
Some outreach services are provided to schools or educational centres as arranged on an individual basis. Under some circumstances home visits maybe also be arranged in consultation with your speech pathologist.
Swallowing management consultations are provided to clients referred from nursing homes. In clinic appointments for children with feeding difficulties are also available.
Consultation between your therapist and other support agencies such as medical staff (e.g. paediatricians, GP’s, ENT’s) allied heath staff (occupational therapy, psychology, physiotherapy), educational consultants, learning support teachers and community health workers is strongly encouraged.